I and Kundalika river (Kolad) have known each other since last 2 years. However, we never got a chance to meet. Not just me, even my friends were interested to meet the famous Kundalika River of Kolad. So after going through various cancellations and change of plans, we finally formed a group of 18 adventurers from Mumbai with one common wish to quench our thirst for River Rafting.
Few Tips to keep in mind –
- Kolad River Rafting is worth doing it for the first time.
- Someone who has done river rafting before might enjoy less as the rapids are of just Grade 2.
- The road from Mumbai to Kolad has dozens of tolls waiting to make a hole in your pocket.
- The start point and end point are different and 14 kms away.
- Your vehicle is sent to the endpoint to pick you up, when you start rafting.
- There is a washroom at the start point, but not at the end point.
- No food facility available, only few snacks available at the end point.
- There is a changing facility available at the end point for Rs. 20 per person.
- If your vehicle is big (27 seater bus or bigger), than you will have to walk 2 kms to reach the parking area of your bus.
- Lunch can be done while returning at Pali or Khopoli.
- If you are planning to buy the pictures and videos shot by the instructor, ask him to format the memory card before clicking. This will prevent the card from getting corrupt.