You need to be well versed with the different equipments and gear that you might need to use while enjoying scuba diving. This is especially important if you are just beginning your scuba diving experience, as this knowledge can help to keep you safe. One of the most important equipment pieces of equipment used in scuba diving is the regulator. Your level of knowledge about the working of this equipment will make it possible for you to enjoy deep water scuba diving in Andaman or other such diving havens across the globe.
Listed below are some important aspects about the regulators used by scuba divers that you ought to be aware of before setting forth on this exciting underwater journey in India or any other part of the world.
- The regulators generally feature submersible pressure gauges which include the air pressure gauge and the depth gauge.
- The air pressure gauge proves helpful in measuring the air pressure besides keeping you informed about when you have reached the minimal air level and need to come out of water.
- The depth gauge not only helps to keep track of the depth to which you have dived but also the pressure of water and the maximum depth set by you according to your comfort level.
- A regulator set up might also feature a small computer, which may or may not be integrated with the air gauge.
- It is generally advisable to use a regulator system with a non-integrated computer to minimize any risk of accidents in case of computer failure resulting in air gauge errors.
- The computers also prove helpful in maintaining records of the past dives made by you so that you can monitor any changes or improvements and enhance your diving skills even further.
The regulator system is an extremely important piece of equipment and having an in-depth knowledge of its various features and functions can add to the fun and excitement of this popular underwater activity.